First Time Home Buyers
We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service and creating satisfied customers. We work hard to satisfy the mortgage needs and exceed the expectations of our customers. When it comes to purchasing your first home or needing help in keeping your home, Springfield NHS provides Homebuyers Education to help buyers learn what they need to know BEFORE purchasing a home. See a list of available workshops below:
- Financial Management Education
- First-Time Homebuyers Education
Springfield Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc. provides Homebuyer Education to help buyers learn what they need to know BEFORE purchasing a home. Learn about the process from the professional Loan Officers, Real Estate Agents, Home Inspectors, Insurance Representatives & Attorneys.
- Steps to pre-qualify for a mortgage
- Types of mortgages available
- Predatory lending programs
- How to shop for a home
- Home Inspection & maintenance tips
- How to shop for homeowners insurance
- Closing costs and other fees
- And much more!
*The first time home buyer workshop registration fee is $50.00 for in-person virtual classes and $100 for the online class individual paced learning. Contact our office for more information. To make payment follow the instructions below schedule. Workshops are held at Springfield College ( Locklin Hall Room 233 ) with some exceptions. Please call the office to verify the location.
Classes will be virtual learning at no additional cost. Registration link, Meeting ID and password will be provided upon payment
|Saturday – January 9, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – February 6, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – March 6, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – April 3, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – May 1, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – June 5, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – July 3, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday – August 7, 2021||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Springfield Neighborhood Housing Services is a HUD Approved Certified Housing Counseling Agency. Please call (413) 739-4737, ext. 100 to register.
Pay Your Workshop Fees Here
1. To pay your workshop fee click the Pay Now button below.
2. Under “Description” enter the name of your Workshop.
3. Under “Amount” enter the amount given to you by the SNHS Staff Member
4. Click the Update Total button and continue with the checkout process.
To make payment now: CLICK HERE