As you may be aware, Springfield NHS is a non-profit organization with the mission to transform families and revitalize distressed neighborhoods through sustainable homeownership development, recycling of blighted properties and resident empowerment. A chartered member of the national NeighborWorks® network, Springfield NHS has for more than three decades helped thousands of families improve the quality of their lives through its Full-Cycle Lending™ methodology that includes:
- Targeted neighborhood revitalization and stabilization,
- Pre-purchase counseling and education to prospective homebuyers,
- Technical assistance throughout the home-buying process,
- Creative lending products to assure sustainable affordability, and
- Post-purchase services that include foreclosure intervention counseling.
2014 is the 35th Anniversary of Springfield Neighborhood Housing Services, as we prepare to celebrate the successes of our great organization we also acknowledge the struggle ahead.
Clearly, challenges now abound in the economy and housing market that are unprecedented in most of our lifetimes. Nonetheless, by addressing the obstacles thoughtfully and synergistically, we can transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Thus, we think it important to take a little time in order to celebrate successes achieved collaboratively, thank our stakeholders, and calibrate for a sustainable future.